FULL UPDATE: 28 weeks dr's appointment

We had a WONDERFUL appointment yesterday! We got to the office at 8:30 am and when I checked in, I was given a choice... Fruit Punch or Orange? I knew exactly what the nurse was asking. Which drink would you like to down in 5 minutes that will doom your fate for the rest of your pregnancy? It was the beginning of the Gestational Diabetes test. They apparently ever so sneakily snuck it in for the duration of my visit (which I really didn't mind one bit... I had other things to focus on). So... as Trey nestled into the corner of the office waiting room and dozed off, I told myself, "Bottoms up!" It really wasn't that bad at all! The only time it got gross was at the bottom when you could really start to taste sugar and it tasted a little thick. But all in all, not too shabby!
We then were called into the sonogram room (my personal favorite room of the whole office)! So exciting! I was nervous though, that when the wand hit my stomach, we'd see a full grown baby with teeth walking around in there (which wouldn't be too far off according to my last visit). When Web showed up on the screen, I immediately started asking questions. How big? How long? What percentile? And all the answers were PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Web weighed in at 2 pounds, 13 ounces and showed to be in the 77th percentile! HE MEASURED ONLY 1 WEEK AHEAD! I could have done a dance right there on the table. I was and am so relieved! We got great pictures of Web. His face is so cute, I can't stand it.
Here's his precious face. Right below his face are his little balled up hands!



Here's a foot:
Here's his arm and hand:

And yes... he's certainly still a little boy!


Basically, our son is perfect and growing just fine! We are absolutely elated! :) We then got to meet with the Dr and he too, confirmed that Web was right on schedule (1 week ahead is completely normal - especially for the child of Trey and Amanda who came into this world a little larger than normal). I feel soooooooo much better now and stress has been lifted! Yay! Now all I have to do is wait for the GD test to come back and go from there! :)

Trey and I did some shopping around in The Woodlands since our childbirth classes are there and not 'til 6:30 pm. We had a whole day to spend in that area. We went to Pappadeaux for lunch (a little celeboratory lunch, indeed) and busted some cash at Pottery Barn for kids! We bought these fabulous Finials in the navy blue (they're a lot larger than they look in the pic):

We also picked up the cutest red and blue candy shop canisters (to put his little toys in, etc). So all in all, we had a fabulous day! Woo hoo!

Comments

HDxNxJ said…
Awesome update! Glad everything is going right on schedule!
Carolyn said…
Your son is just precious!
Anonymous said…
Congrats! I'm so glad he's growing right on schedule. That must have been such a relief for you!

When do you get the results of your GD test?
The Pacheco's said…
Glad to hear your baby boy is growing as he should be :)