Well! Here I am at 26 weeks pregnant and one week away from the third and final chapter in my pregnancy aka, the THIRD TRIMESTER! When I say or hear these words in my head, it's in the voice of James Earl Jones circa Darth Vader in Star Wars. Very looming... that's right... looming. Am I scared? A little. Anxious? Yes. Excited? Uh huh! But, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. As of this week (until Friday) I'm still in my 2nd trimester. So I thought I'd put a picture in your head of what Web looks like this week while hanging out:
Or... If you're more partial to food (I certainly am these days), here are Web's stats via produce:
So there you have it! I'm growing a very ripe eggplant in my tummy. Did you catch the weight part?!?! Holy crap! POUNDS. Not one... multiple! And per my last doctor's appointment, Web may be measuring a lot (read a whole month) ahead of where he's supposed to be, so as of March 24, 2007 (our next dr's appt) he may be even heavier and longer than that perfect little eggplant you see up there. At our next Dr's appt we'll know a lot more about why I was measuring a whole month ahead at my last one. We'll get an ultrasound (yay!) and I will be taking the required GD test (which I'm completely frightened of to be honest) and drinking that sugary drink. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there (hopefully I'll also be burning it to the ground when I pass that fateful test).
Anyways... here's some info on Web's functioning too: He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, Web's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now (this is very exciting news)!
Alright... I'm hungry. I'm going to go eat breakfast. Egg whites and turkey bacon, here I come! :)
Comments