Hellooooooooo Nesting Instinct!

Well... I do believe the nesting instinct has set in. I have this sudden urge to get everything ready for Web. Here's what I did this weekend: (1) washed all of Web's bedding sheets and waterproof pads (2) washed all changing pad covers and waterproof pads for that (3) washed every sock, onesie, shirt, and hat for the first 0-5 months (4) washed every towel and washcloth (5) washed every blanket, burp cloth, and receiving blanket (6) put them all in one of Web's dressers very neatly and categorically (the other one hasn't gotten here yet) (7) put the dust ruffle, waterproof mattress pad, fitted sheet and bumpers in Web's crib (8) set up the mobile, crib aquarium, and whoosh bear in his crib (9) halfway packed both Web's diaper bags (one for me, one for Trey) (10) began to pack my hospital bag and (11) packed more stuff in his travel box.

This. is. insane. I feel like I am high on speed and not coming down anytime soon. I'm looking at my desk and what do I see??? Cases? No. Legal docs? No. Drug tests? No. Check lists for hospital bags and diaper bags? Ding ding ding! We have a winner! And what do I plan on doing tonight??? Packing my hospital bag with things I know I won't need till then, and then "sub" packing my toiletries in ziploc bags for daily use so that when it's time, I can grab them and throw them into the hospital bag. Would you like to know what I did for lunch today? I went to Walmart and bought some things on Web's diaper bag checklist that I didn't have yet. This has to stop, right? I have to have some down time, yes? Dear God... please have mercy on me!

Comments

Unknown said…
It is good that you are getting everything done & out of the way....wish I had some of your energy!