The CCB was FABULOUS! YUM!

Well readers... my very 1st resolution challenge is complete! The Chicken Cordon Bleu was delish!

I started out by pounding my breasts - excuse me - chicken breasts with a very odd tool. I didn't have a pounder thing - a - ma - jig so I coily used a sports bottle cool stick. Yes. You read that correctly. It's a stick you put in the freezer then slip into your sports bottle to keep the water cool. It's bright green. :)

So anyways... there I am pounding away with my super cool stick. What I did not know is that bits of raw chicken were flying everywhere! Readers, do me a favor when you make this and have about a bajillion Clorox wipes handy. I'm probably breeding a Salmonella circus in my kitchen as we speak. I kept having to run back and forth between the chicken and the sink to wash my hands. Grab knife. Wash hands. Turn chicken. Wash hands. Salt and Pepper. Turn over chicken. Wash hands. You get it. I should have put everything out (or holy crap, turned the chicken over by using a freaking fork which did literally not come to me until now) and been prepared. I was not. I am ashamed. :(

So... this is what it looked like mid-way in. *Please notice the bright green cool stick. See? I wouldn't lie to you. :)


And these are the little chickadees all rolled up, breaded, and pinned down. And yes, that is butter. I love butter. Anything that tastes good has butter in it whether it says so or not. I promise. But I will say that I use "Smart Butter." It has zero trans fat. (I say that like you should pin a rose on my nose.) But seriously... butter... it's what's for dinner.


And here is the finished product. I served it with green beans (although I would have killed for asparagus), a nice spring salad and garlic bread.
It really was very good. It had a great tang brought on by the swiss cheese and was even complimented by the sauce which included a can of Cream of Chicken soup, 1/2 cup of sour cream and some lemon juice. I actually threw in some paprika because this has been used on the actual chicken in other CCB recipes.

Ok... let's be honest. It looks complex but was really quite simple. I'm all for that!!! Trey asked where the other chicken breasts were. I replied with a hearty, "Huh?" He wanted more. I yelled out, "Portion control!" Psssssst... we're both working on losing a little weight.

This one will be made again and again. Thank you Mrs. Chandler!!!

Comments

Jessyka said…
Just a tip that may come in handy down the road...I always put the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap before tenderizing. That way you don't have Salmonella breeding in your kitchen :o) I'm proud of you cooking skills though!