32 weeks (aka Holy 8 months batman)!!!

Today was a really great day! I started it off with my 32 week doctor's appointment where I got to listen to Web's heartbeat! He was ticking away in the 130s! Healthy baby boy! I also got measured and was found to be still, measuring a whole month ahead. But have no fear! When the PA looked into my records, she noticed that I have been consistently measuring 4 weeks ahead every visit since my mid-second trimester. Apparently, consistency is a good thing here. She basically said that I may just have a high uterus and that this occurence is very normal for me. :)

Then we had our usual questions and answers session. Now... there is a back story to the question I'm about to explain. Last Monday night around 7:30ish the top of my uterus began to feel like someone had poured acid onto it. It was a horrible pain. It lasted for about an hour and a half, but it still scared me enough to ask the PA what on earth it was. She then began to ask me about my pre-pregnancy abdominal muscles. I told her what I knew and she came to the horrid conclusion that MY ABDOMINAL MUSCLES ARE BEGINNING TO TEAR. That's right. Since they're not used to be so "potruded," they are tearing. Serves me right for working so hard for a flat stomach all these years. Ugh. This sounds about right. She then told me that there wasn't much I could do (since it's completely unavoidable) but put ice on the top of my uterus next time they start to tear again. This sucks. :(

Anyways... I then skipped my way to Babie's R Us where I finished off the majority of our left over registry! And what could be possibly better than this??? The cashier gave me a 10% off registry completion coupon! Usually, you have to wait until after your due date to receive this in the mail, then drag your butt down to the store post baby, and buy everything you should've had BEFORE the baby got there. Does anyone else think this is completely backwards?!?! Anyways, I escaped the store and saved a ton of money (which I totally wasn't expecting)!!! I then made some final exchanges at Target and drove back home. Ahhhh home. :)

Tomorrow, Trey and I are going to a friend's wedding so I will certainly be posting photos of my "potruding" belly by my PA's words on the blog. So stay on the look out! :)

Comments