Just two weeks ago we were going to be lucky to make it to this point. Now??? Everything's normal. I know that I should be thrilled and super happy that everything's back to normal, but I guess just having delivery dangled in front of me for so long, and now to be playing the waiting game really put my feelings about all of this right infront of my face. I almost wanted to cry at the doc's office. I knew all along that 37 weeks was just the beginning of the waiting game, but I guess I secretly wished a quick progression to baby land. At least I know how I really feel about it now.
Now... if you don't want to hear me complain, please move on to the next paragraph because here it comes. I must be honest... I never thought that I'd ever say I was "miserable" or "totally uncomfortable" with this pregnancy, but here I am and I'm gonna say it. I'm miserable and totally uncomfortable. Every day, around 1:30, 2:00 in the afternoon, I begin getting intense Braxton Hicks contractions that pair with severe lower back pain. I had to go home early from work yesterday just to lie down for a bit to ease the pain. I also had to retire another pair of flip flops this week because I now have hobbit feet all day every day. Not just "at the end of the day"... No. ALL DAY. They're fat and to the point that I don't even recognize my own feet anymore. They often go completely numb and sting me when I walk on them. I promise to take a picture of them so that you can bask in the fatness of them and awe.
Here's my 37 week survey:
How far along? 37 weeks! Full term today!
Total weight gain/loss: I don't even look anymore. I get on the scale at the Dr's office backwards and make Trey walk around the corner before I'll even get on.
Maternity clothes? I'm beginning to grow out of them. I've retired myself to lounge pants and Trey's t-shirts.
Stretch marks? They have made their appearance down low... and they brought an army.
Sleep: Still sleeping, but now with only a sheet while Trey lies next to me bundled up like an eskimo freezing to death. (Sorry, Trey)
Best moment this week: Getting to see Web one last time before he makes his appearance!
Movement: All the time. Sometimes it even hurts...
Food cravings: Anything spicy!!!
Gender: Still a boy!
Labor Signs: Hahahah.... don't kid me. That's mean. :(
Belly Button in or out? Still in! Shallow, but in!
What I miss: Being able to sit without Web's foot in my ribs.
What I am looking forward to: Any form of progress pointing to delivery.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't get your hopes up. Your body is not yours now and will do whatever it wants, whenever it wants. Just relax.
Milestones: FULL TERM!!! This means that if Web arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb!!!
I'm also adding a picture of how much I've "dropped." It's weird to see it side by side...

P.S. Yes... I know that I'm making that t-shirt work. It's one of my faves and I'm not ready to let it go yet. Thanks. :)
Comments
I started to write out some of the things I did that your organized self would be horrified at - but since Cian's birthday is tomorrow I have to give the whole story from 'how we found out about you' to 'your first days at home.' I posted one of the stories on my blog at one point and everyone seemed to like it so much I decided to do it for everyone's birthday this year. So I will just add to that how I never realized how absolutely unprepared I was until I read your blog!!
I also found out last year with Cailey that I had better get the story right because they have the darn thing memorized! So now I will have it all written down and won't run the risk of getting caught making up a length or a 'time of birth'! In my defense I do have FOUR stories to keep straight. I figure the weight, date and year are good enough! I do know basically how long they each were, I just get them confused sometimes! And I can tell you what hour each was born - but the minute - are you kidding me?!
I am sure this has you wondering about my baby books - I don't have any :-) I started one with Cade and trying to fill that thing out AND get pictures made every time I turned around was way too much for me to keep up with (what I would have given for a blog and a laptop back then!!) So I decided the pictures were the most important and I would tell them the whole story every year on their birthday so I didn't forget it. And when my organized, always on time, has everything in order daughter has a fit when she finds out she has no baby book - I am going to say "Baby girl, I was just so busy enjoying every minute with you that I just never had a chance to write it all down." Come on - who could be mad with a explanation like that??
Whew - this was really long winded! Sorry! Chris is out of town - I'm lonely!! Next time I'll just call though! Call me tomorrow sometime - unless of course you are having a baby! I'd LOVE to hear you complain :) Really, I'm being completely serious, I really would!!