We've been in a little bit of a crisis since mid-noon yesterday. I won't go into all the details, but we landed ourselves in labor and delivery yesterday and after a few hours of tests and visits at the doctors, every thing's ok. I basically have a bacterial infection that is causing me to leak fluid. The original reason we went in was because I thought I was leaking, and sure enough, I was. I was then placed on a monitor and they found that I was also having legit contractions. We ended up have an intensive sonogram Bio Physical Profile done. Web is looking great. He's weighing in at 6 lbs 4 oz and is even already practicing breathing on his own! This is great news!!! They were really impressed with his stats and said that they were really happy with how the sonogram went. They were also really happy with my fluid level and cervical length. So, even though I was leaking and having contractions, they were so happy with the sonogram stats, they sent us home with bed rest for the next day. I was not only frustrated, but felt as if I was going crazy that I wanted something done. I couldn't believe that I was going through all of this and even though they confirmed it all, they were still sending me home with no answers. They told us to keep an eye out and if I was still leaking and having contractions (like somehow I would magically stop), then I needed to call my doc today.
Sure enough... this morning I was still leaking and having contractions. Called the doc and they wanted me to come in. We went in and they did a bunch of tests and put me back on a monitor. We finally found out about the bacterial infection (I've never been happier about an infection) and it explains the leaking (and the positive amniotic fluid tests)! The doc gave me some antibiotics to take and it should go away soon! Yay! The only problem however is my contractions. They can't explain them and are putting me on bed rest until next Monday to see if it curbs the contractions. They're not painful, just uncomfortable at times. I have another doctor's visit on Friday to monitor me some more, so we'll know more then.
***Please know, if we didn't call you, it was because we didn't want to worry you. Please don't be upset, we just didn't want to tell anyone until we had concrete answers***
So let's talk about the silver lining in this ugly, dark cloud. Trey and I failed miserably at our dry run. Yes, I took the hospital bag, but we forgot about so many things, it would have been a disaster. We didn't even check the hospital bag check list before we left (and it's hanging by the door)!!! So, we learned a lot about what we will need when we go to labor and delivery. We also learned that this can happen at anytime, and therefore, need to be prepared at all times. This should be interesting... :)
Sure enough... this morning I was still leaking and having contractions. Called the doc and they wanted me to come in. We went in and they did a bunch of tests and put me back on a monitor. We finally found out about the bacterial infection (I've never been happier about an infection) and it explains the leaking (and the positive amniotic fluid tests)! The doc gave me some antibiotics to take and it should go away soon! Yay! The only problem however is my contractions. They can't explain them and are putting me on bed rest until next Monday to see if it curbs the contractions. They're not painful, just uncomfortable at times. I have another doctor's visit on Friday to monitor me some more, so we'll know more then.
***Please know, if we didn't call you, it was because we didn't want to worry you. Please don't be upset, we just didn't want to tell anyone until we had concrete answers***
So let's talk about the silver lining in this ugly, dark cloud. Trey and I failed miserably at our dry run. Yes, I took the hospital bag, but we forgot about so many things, it would have been a disaster. We didn't even check the hospital bag check list before we left (and it's hanging by the door)!!! So, we learned a lot about what we will need when we go to labor and delivery. We also learned that this can happen at anytime, and therefore, need to be prepared at all times. This should be interesting... :)
Comments