Lies, I tell you!!!

Well... Trey and I had our 38 weeks appointment yesterday with my doc. This appointment ended in full fledged tears. I have progressed to 1 cm dilated and am 50% effaced. He stated that Web is still at -2 station. I explained to my Dr that I am in severe pain and have been for about the past week. My pelvic/pubic bones ache every time I lift my foot off the floor. It doesn't matter if it's 1/2 an inch or a whole yard. It takes my breathe away every - single - time. The other day I couldn't even pull myself up and out of a chair because the point between bending and standing up pains me so. Sometimes to roll myself over in bed is such a chore that I just lie there and cry. Trey even told the Dr that I am in so much pain that he has awoke to finding me moaning in my sleep because it's so bad. I didn't even know this. I've even asked my boss if it would be ok for me to work part time until I deliver. My Dr basically stated that Web's weight is bearing down on my pubic bone and that is what was causing so much pain.

Anyways... let's make a long, sad story short, shall we? My Dr completely blew Trey and I away yesterday when he said the following words, "I won't induce you until your due date." This whole time, everyone else in this office has been telling me that my Dr wouldn't dare let me go to my due date because of Web's weight and measurements. Apparently, they all lied or had no idea what they were talking about. All along, Trey and I have been led to believe that it wouldn't get this bad and that there wouldn't be much longer to wait. Now? Everything has changed. Or "not" changed depending on how you look at it. I was completely dumbfounded and in shock. I didn't even know what to say. So... if Web decides he's toasty and warm in there, this could last another 2 weeks. Yes, I know it seems so short to you. But to me??? Another 2 weeks is a looooooooong time.

Comments

The Pacheco's said…
Oh, gosh, I am so sorry you are at this point, I know there are no comforting words other than take it one hour at a time, I know two weeks will seem like an eternity but keeping fingers crossed the little man decides he is ready soon.! Good Luck!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
I am sorry sorry to hear that you might have to indure 2 more weeks of pain; I don't really have any advise but just try to keep your chin up & think of little Web being in your arms after this long & painful journey! Good Luck!
rommelea said…
:( I hope Web decides to make his appearance soon! I know (from my own personal feelings) it's hard to remember/think about this now, but know that once he's out you'll forget all about how awful you felt, and will probably be willing to do it all again! Good luck, sending labor dust your way!!
Unknown said…
Well my Dear Amanda you know what day I'm hoping for. Sorry the pain is so bad and PLEASE be Extra Careful on the steps and in all things you do. May you find a comfortable position in which to do all things. Thanks for taking care of my GRANDSON. Love You