Woo hoo! The end is here! We had our 40 week appointment with the Dr. on Thursday! I'm about 1.5 - 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced and progressing. The Dr. decided that I would need to be induced this week and asked me when I would like to do so. I told him, "Honestly, I'm in a very biased position, so I'm going to let you decide." He checked with the hospital and talked to labor & delivery and found that Monday morning was the best time.
Did you hear that people?!?!? I'M BEING INDUCED MONDAY MORNING!!! Web will be here by Tuesday!!!
How exciting! Suddenly I am very nervous and very excited all at once! The doctor said that Trey and I would need to be there at 5:30 am (yikes! we live 45 minutes away) and we would get checked in and ready to go! He said that they would start me on labor inducing meds (pitocin), he would later come in and break my water, and then I could receive my epidural. Woo hoo! I would love to go naturally before then, but since today's Saturday, I don't see that happening (but who knows).
So here's my last pregnancy survey!
How far along? 40 weeks, 2 days. Officially overdue!
Total weight gain/loss: I looked at my last appointment. 30 pounds! Yikes!
Maternity clothes? I'm still wearing lounge pants and Trey's t-shirts. But I've actually started looking at regular clothes for after Web gets here!
Stretch marks? Several... they will not be missed.
Sleep: I've begun sleeping in very weird patterns. I'll go to bed around 11:30 pm, and be wide awake by 6 or 7 am. But then I need I nap around 2 and sleep for another 2 hours.
Best moment this week: Hearing that there is a light to the end of this tunnel!
Movement: Still going strong!
Food cravings: I've completely lost my appetite now. It's gone. I don't know what's happened.
Gender: Still a boy!
Labor Signs: Some contractions and cramping, but nothing serious.
Belly Button in or out? Still in! Shallow, but in!
What I miss: Nothing... my mind is too much on the future to miss anything from the past!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Web!
Weekly Wisdom: Relax... this is the last weekend with me and Trey just as a married couple. We will be spending together.
Milestones: I hit my due date and kept on going. He will be here by Tuesday!
I promise to post a final pregnant picture. I'll probably take some tomorrow night when the family comes in and we all go out to eat!
Did you hear that people?!?!? I'M BEING INDUCED MONDAY MORNING!!! Web will be here by Tuesday!!!
How exciting! Suddenly I am very nervous and very excited all at once! The doctor said that Trey and I would need to be there at 5:30 am (yikes! we live 45 minutes away) and we would get checked in and ready to go! He said that they would start me on labor inducing meds (pitocin), he would later come in and break my water, and then I could receive my epidural. Woo hoo! I would love to go naturally before then, but since today's Saturday, I don't see that happening (but who knows).
So here's my last pregnancy survey!
How far along? 40 weeks, 2 days. Officially overdue!
Total weight gain/loss: I looked at my last appointment. 30 pounds! Yikes!
Maternity clothes? I'm still wearing lounge pants and Trey's t-shirts. But I've actually started looking at regular clothes for after Web gets here!
Stretch marks? Several... they will not be missed.
Sleep: I've begun sleeping in very weird patterns. I'll go to bed around 11:30 pm, and be wide awake by 6 or 7 am. But then I need I nap around 2 and sleep for another 2 hours.
Best moment this week: Hearing that there is a light to the end of this tunnel!
Movement: Still going strong!
Food cravings: I've completely lost my appetite now. It's gone. I don't know what's happened.
Gender: Still a boy!
Labor Signs: Some contractions and cramping, but nothing serious.
Belly Button in or out? Still in! Shallow, but in!
What I miss: Nothing... my mind is too much on the future to miss anything from the past!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Web!
Weekly Wisdom: Relax... this is the last weekend with me and Trey just as a married couple. We will be spending together.
Milestones: I hit my due date and kept on going. He will be here by Tuesday!
I promise to post a final pregnant picture. I'll probably take some tomorrow night when the family comes in and we all go out to eat!
Comments