Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This one goes out to my husband. :)
Dear Trey,
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you. This pregnancy has really showed me the kind of man that you are. Yesterday, after our Dr's appointment, I was so upset I was crying in the car on the ride home. And what did you do? Absolutely nothing. You didn't try to fill the air with words of uneasiness, or try to joke about the situation to make me laugh. You knew to do exactly what I needed at that moment. Nothing. You knew I just needed to cry in the silence as you patted my leg to let me know that you were there when I was ready. You, just driving me home, and being near me, was what I needed. You know me so well it's scary. You know when to break the silence, and when to just keep the peace. You've been here for me in so many ways that I don't think you can truly understand the profound affect you've had on me. Without saying a word, you wash the dishes after I've had a rough day. Without saying a word, you somehow magically know when I need a hug or a wink from across the room. I can just be thinking about how nice it would be if the laundry suddenly did itself, and as if you heard my thoughts, you gather the clothes, and begin the wash without even a glance. You know me inside and out and for that I am grateful. I listen to other wives talk about their husband's faults and all the problems they have with them. And silently, to myself, I think how lucky I am that I get to live my life with you in it. I can't imagine it without you. You are not only my husband... but you are my life long companion... my bestfriend. I honestly can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and start our next chapter together.
Love, Me.
Dear Trey,
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you. This pregnancy has really showed me the kind of man that you are. Yesterday, after our Dr's appointment, I was so upset I was crying in the car on the ride home. And what did you do? Absolutely nothing. You didn't try to fill the air with words of uneasiness, or try to joke about the situation to make me laugh. You knew to do exactly what I needed at that moment. Nothing. You knew I just needed to cry in the silence as you patted my leg to let me know that you were there when I was ready. You, just driving me home, and being near me, was what I needed. You know me so well it's scary. You know when to break the silence, and when to just keep the peace. You've been here for me in so many ways that I don't think you can truly understand the profound affect you've had on me. Without saying a word, you wash the dishes after I've had a rough day. Without saying a word, you somehow magically know when I need a hug or a wink from across the room. I can just be thinking about how nice it would be if the laundry suddenly did itself, and as if you heard my thoughts, you gather the clothes, and begin the wash without even a glance. You know me inside and out and for that I am grateful. I listen to other wives talk about their husband's faults and all the problems they have with them. And silently, to myself, I think how lucky I am that I get to live my life with you in it. I can't imagine it without you. You are not only my husband... but you are my life long companion... my bestfriend. I honestly can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and start our next chapter together.
Love, Me.
Comments