Dear Web,
I cannot believe how fast these past 6 months have gone by. I feel like it was just yesterday when you were in my tummy kicking and punching at 4 in the morning (P.S. It's still your favorite time to wake up). I can remember being so excited to see what you looked like, and I would have never known that you would be so beautiful. I am writing this with tears in my eyes just thinking about what today means. You are half way to being a whole year old. You will soon consider yourself a "big boy" but you need to know that even when you are 40 - you will still be my baby boy. I will still want to hold you and rock you before you go to bed no matter your age.
Last night I watched you sleeping in your big boy jammies and couldn't look away fearing that in just a second, something about you would change. You have already changed so much and so fast that I can't imagine what the rest of this year will bring. I know that you will be crawling, then walking, and very soon, talking. I'm excited about this, but at the same time, sad. I know it's selfish but there's a very large part of me that doesn't want you to grow up. I want to be able to cuddle you whenever and where ever. You are just now learning to reach up to me to tell me that you want me to pick you up. I can't resist.
I love you so much that words have not been invented to describe my love for you. I know it took me a while to get the hang of this "mommy thing" but I got there. You were so patient with me while I struggled and learned. You never once criticized me or the way I did something, and you never protested or judged me. You are the definition of love, my June Bug. I cannot imagine my life without you and I'm sure that now you are here, I wouldn't want to live in a world without you in it. I cannot fathom my love growing any more for you but I know that it will. Just when I think I'm at my capacity, it just grows bigger and bigger.
Web - you are 6 months old today. With all of the adventures that we have already had in such a short time, I can't wait for the lifetime with you ahead.
I love you June Bug,
Mommy
I cannot believe how fast these past 6 months have gone by. I feel like it was just yesterday when you were in my tummy kicking and punching at 4 in the morning (P.S. It's still your favorite time to wake up). I can remember being so excited to see what you looked like, and I would have never known that you would be so beautiful. I am writing this with tears in my eyes just thinking about what today means. You are half way to being a whole year old. You will soon consider yourself a "big boy" but you need to know that even when you are 40 - you will still be my baby boy. I will still want to hold you and rock you before you go to bed no matter your age.
Last night I watched you sleeping in your big boy jammies and couldn't look away fearing that in just a second, something about you would change. You have already changed so much and so fast that I can't imagine what the rest of this year will bring. I know that you will be crawling, then walking, and very soon, talking. I'm excited about this, but at the same time, sad. I know it's selfish but there's a very large part of me that doesn't want you to grow up. I want to be able to cuddle you whenever and where ever. You are just now learning to reach up to me to tell me that you want me to pick you up. I can't resist.
I love you so much that words have not been invented to describe my love for you. I know it took me a while to get the hang of this "mommy thing" but I got there. You were so patient with me while I struggled and learned. You never once criticized me or the way I did something, and you never protested or judged me. You are the definition of love, my June Bug. I cannot imagine my life without you and I'm sure that now you are here, I wouldn't want to live in a world without you in it. I cannot fathom my love growing any more for you but I know that it will. Just when I think I'm at my capacity, it just grows bigger and bigger.
Web - you are 6 months old today. With all of the adventures that we have already had in such a short time, I can't wait for the lifetime with you ahead.
I love you June Bug,
Mommy
Comments
I remember when we would sit for lunch in that stuffy, upstairs room at Saafe House and the subject of motherhood would come up. I would smile to myself as I listened and think, I couldn't wait to see you as a mother. It is something you cannot understand until you experience it, the unexpected intensity of a mother's love for the baby cradled in her arms.
What an honor to see you growing into that love and becoming such a wonderful mom. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.