We just got back from Web's Dr's appointment which went very well! :)
He is 20 pounds, 8.5 ounces and 28 inches long! He is a very big boy! He also had a head circumference of 18 inches! He is sitting unassisted and even transferring to the crawling position from sitting. He's army crawling all over the place and is now pulling up on EVERYTHING!
He's not yet combining consonants and vowels (which I'm kinda worried about) so we'll be watching for that in the next 2 months. But as far as gross motor skills go, he's advanced and still progressing.
Now.... let me tell you about how I teared up in a Carter's outlet store last night. Here's the deal... Web needed new jammies. He's outgrown all of his old ones and we were juggling 3 pairs. So Trey and I told ourselves that we were going to buy Web some PJs for Christmas. I walked into Carter's last night and went straight to the jammies round racks just like I have since Web was born. I was on a mission... 12 month jammies. Well - everything kept stopping at 9 months! What the heck?!?!? So I promptly found a cashier and asked her, "Ummm... I'm looking for 12 month sized pj's and can't find them on the round racks." She replies, "Well... you're not going to find 12 month clothes here, at the front of the store. You'll have to go to the BIG BOY section at the back." YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN MY FACE. It was a mixture of shocked, sad, and hurt all in one. It felt like someone had kicked me. Big boy section?!?!? But my son is only 6 months old!
As I walked to the back of the store, I kept looking over at my shoulder at the baby clothes. I felt banished. The one thing I did notice about the "big boy" section was that there was more variety available to me. Not all jammies were footie pajamas now! Some were, some had the cutest little ankle cuffs with crazy designs, and some were even super roomy! I kinda got excited about this new found treasure! So, of course, the second I got home, I washed all 13 pairs of jammies (I know... I know... 13 pair = addiction) and put him in some!
Here's Web on the eve of his 6 month day in his super cute big boy jammies!
Comments