I had the ingredients, so I figured I might as well get to cooking! Don't worry Mrs. B, I'm making a shopping list that includes Migas ingredients as we speak! :)
I must say, it sounds complex, but it's pretty dang easy (the recipe is quite simple as well). I know there are harder recipes around for Chicken Cordon Bleu, but I'll start with the simple ones (Thank you Mrs. Chandler for going easy on my first resolution challenge).
Here is what I found on Chicken Cordon Bleu (in my own summary since blogspot won't let me copy and paste - boo!): It is a French recipe that translates to "blue ribbon chicken." I guess the original would be poulet cordon bleu. Poulet = chicken in French (at least what I can remember from my high school french classes). And in French culinary tradition, the cordon bleu (blue ribbon) is awarded to chefs of only the highest quality. It is usually stuffed with ham or prosciutto and swiss or Gruyere cheese.
This time I am baking it. It is actually in the oven right now. I have also decided to make the recommended sauce to go with it: 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. I am also going to throw in a cube of chicken bullion.
We'll see how it turns out.
P.S. I'm super excited for my husband to come home to find something NEW on the table. I'm sure he is tired of the same Stouffer's Family Size Lasagna and Chicken Noodle Casserole. ;P
I must say, it sounds complex, but it's pretty dang easy (the recipe is quite simple as well). I know there are harder recipes around for Chicken Cordon Bleu, but I'll start with the simple ones (Thank you Mrs. Chandler for going easy on my first resolution challenge).
Here is what I found on Chicken Cordon Bleu (in my own summary since blogspot won't let me copy and paste - boo!): It is a French recipe that translates to "blue ribbon chicken." I guess the original would be poulet cordon bleu. Poulet = chicken in French (at least what I can remember from my high school french classes). And in French culinary tradition, the cordon bleu (blue ribbon) is awarded to chefs of only the highest quality. It is usually stuffed with ham or prosciutto and swiss or Gruyere cheese.
This time I am baking it. It is actually in the oven right now. I have also decided to make the recommended sauce to go with it: 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. I am also going to throw in a cube of chicken bullion.
We'll see how it turns out.
P.S. I'm super excited for my husband to come home to find something NEW on the table. I'm sure he is tired of the same Stouffer's Family Size Lasagna and Chicken Noodle Casserole. ;P
Comments