I had Trey saying "Mmmm" in 30 minutes with this "cheater" meal!

Alright readers, the following is cheating. Yes, I said cheating. But it was delicious and tasty and ready to eat in 30 minutes. Hey now! I'm talking about food here! Dinner to be exact!

Go buy two packs of Hormel beef roast in au jus sauce. Yep - buy it. Pre-cooked and ready to go! Tear open both packs and throw them in an 8x8 baking dish. Throw in some baby carrots and sliced onion (to taste). Top it with foil and put it aside. :::this part is the cheater part:::

Now - if you haven't already been turned on to her, I'm about to give you a HUGE e-crush. Pioneer Woman. Good gravy that lady has some great recipes! Tonight, I made her Crash Hot Potatoes. And let me tell you - I wanted to eat them all. I almost cage faught Trey for the left overs. I would have won. :P

All you do is boil some red/nude potatoes till they're tender to the fork. Drizzle some olive oil on a cookie sheet. I decided to throw down some sea salt for extra crunch and I won't lie... it was heavenly. Then you space out the boiled potatoes and take a masher and mash lightly one way, then the next. They look like little squished piles of potatoes. Brush them down with some olive oil (I added melted butter - that's right... I said it... butter). Salt and pepper them, then sprinkle Thyme over them. I was a little scared of Thyme at first, but now I want to throw some on everything because it tasted so dang good.

Now, pop them and the beef roast (don't forget to cover with foil) in the oven preheated to 350 degrees. PW calls for her potatoes to be done at 450, but I just threw them in with the roast at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes. They still came out crunchy on the outside and soft on the in and oh so good to eat (and not burned in the slightest). By all means, go to her website and find this recipe under, cooks, sides recipes, vegetables. She has a beautiful how to complete with step by step pictures to show you. Here you go:

www.thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/


I wish I had a picture of this meal. It was sooooooooooooooo easy. Who could ask for more?!?!?

I also added cheesy brocoli as the second side. Done. That was it. Beef roast, crash hot potatoes and cheesy brocolli.

I also can't wait to try her roasted carrots. Seriously.... I can't wait. I may make them tomorrow night for dinner! :)

Now... you know the rules! If you make this or any part of it, let me know how it went by commenting! :)

I really hope you enjoy!

Comments