I Heart Faces - Fix It Friday!

I follow "I Heart Faces" (a great photography site) and every Friday, they have a segment called "Fix It Friday." A picture is shown, and you get to fix it! Here's my fix...

Here's the original (or SOOC - straight out of the camera):


Here's the fix:
1. I upped the curves through adjustments to brighten up her face.
2. Then I went into "history", clicked on "open," and then clicked the box for the curves adjustments. Then I typed Control Y for my history brush and filled in her face so that it wasn't so shadowed.
3. I then cleaned up her elbows.
4. Cropped to comp more for rule of thirds.
5. Ran "Seventies" actions from Pioneer Woman and "Perfect Portrait" actions from CoffeeShop.
6. I adjusted opacity layer to make the pic dreamy, but make the colors pop at the same time.
7. I then went and "eye defined" her eyes and whited her whites.
8. I also used the "urban grit" layer to pop the colors around her, but not her face.
9. Added the vingette (which you can barely see, but it's nice).
Voila! I hope you like it! :)

Comments